Want to join the Glenwood Chess Club? Sign-up for the Glenwood Knights Chess Club is going on now!
Anyone K-8 can join the Chess Club. You are never too young to learn. You don’t have to already know how to play; we can teach you.
You don’t have to be the best at chess to participate in the tournaments. It is a learning experience as you go. As long as you know the basic moves to chess, you can participate in the tournaments and get better as you go along.
Tournaments that we participate in
- Knights of the Square Table at Willow Springs High School
- Tri-County Chess Championship at Glenwood Elementary/Middle School
- Sally Hatton Memorial Chess Tournament at Willow Springs High School
- Central Ozarks Chess Tournament at West Plains High School
- Missouri/Kansas Border Battle at Galena High School
- Willow Open Chess Tournament at Willow Springs High School
- Branson Chess Tournament at Branson High School
- Junction Hill Hornet Chess Tournament at Junction Hill Elementary/Middle School
- Missouri’s State Scholastic Chess Championship in Columbia, MO
Practice night will be determined at the start of the 2019/2020 school year.